Monday, June 17, 2013

The Edge of the World

I dug myself a hole
At the back of my mind
Out of the way so no one would see me
I hid my insecurities, my fears
Assuaged my guilt, sweated it out
Dug a hole and buried it
So no one would see me
For the scum I thought I had become

I built myself a room
At the edge of the world
Out of the way so no one would see me
I welded a key, locked myself in
In the darkness that smothered me
I cried out the fears that daunted me
Shouted and cried at the world
For disrespecting me

I made myself a life
On the face of the earth
Out of the way so no one would know me
I lived each day as I would my last
My head held high, I hid the storm
Brewing at the back of my mind

I was alone, standing at the edge of the world
Terrified my existence would be swept
Off the face of the earth

0 comments:

 

She Made Me Do It! Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo