Thursday, June 13, 2013

CRIPPLED SOUL

My name is Kato
First born of my mama.
The last one too.
Mama, say it, say it
Say it to me.

“Son, your name, Kato,
You came forth from my womb
First born son
The fruit of my bloom.”

Yes Mama, you say that a lot, Ha!
I was born twisted-
Unorthodox creature
Mugged by the gods
Discarded in the works
Mama! Mama! Tell my story.

“Yes Son, you were born deformed.
Legs so twisted, I winced in pain
When I first saw you
Your eyes searched east, west, south
But never at my face
I felt your gaze
I loved you
Nonetheless.”

I gazed Mama,
I knew I was yours

“Son, your dad, he took flight like a bird
At the sight of you,
I never blamed him though
You were born to me
Only for me.”

I was born of a temper
With a swing in tow
Born of the rage
That swallowed me whole.
I was born of the night
Not a twinkle of light
I was told by the gods
I wasn’t part of the plan
But still I tagged along.

“My broken boy was tough
Avenged me over and over
He broke bones for fun
Never a push-over
Overcompensated for what
He was denied
He came into this world
Weeping, weeping
For the gods who dumped him
Into my arms
He left this world weeping
As it finally dawned on him
That it needn’t have tried
So hard
I loved him
Loved him
Love him
So much
My poor broken boy
I love him “



0 comments:

 

She Made Me Do It! Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo